My summer internship in Hawaii, diving, filming, editing and relaxing in tropical paradise! [All pictures in here are taken by me, unless otherwise specified]

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Weekend Adventure! (Part Three) July 9th

The sun woke us up quite early so we packed up and drove back up towards Hapuna Beach. This beach was so beautiful, with super fine, soft, white sand and absolutely crystal clear water. The wind picked up as it got later but it was still beautiful. I sat in the shade and read my book (a new one I had picked up in Hilo cause I finished the other I was reading) while Jake explored and Richard snuck into the nearby hotel to watch the World Cup Finale. Later we went swimming/snorkeling and while adjusting to the ocean water in the strong cold wind both Jake and I were lucky to have a dollar bill float up to us (each), pretty cool. We swam around a bit then relaxed more on the beach. After a bit we ventured on.

The next place we found was not a beach but a really cool lava tube cave that was half filled with freshwater. Thanks to advice from the book I took my flashlight (which was really my small dive light, so it was waterproof). This was was extremely cold (like the river) but we went in and explored around. The place is called Queen's bath. Since my camera battery died, imagine if you will two holes in the ground and peering in and seeing crystal clear water between 3-7 ft deep with mostly smooth rocks on the bottom. Each hole was no more than 5-8 feet wide and both were connected below ground. You could also keep going back in the cave (where the light came in handy) and it was pitch black and really neat with the flashlight.

After that we headed south to another really pretty beach where I relaxed and read more in my book (not wanting to go back in the salt water after the nice freshwater pool, and it was really windy and kinda chilly). Around 3pm we headed back into town to unpack the car and take it back to the airport.

And thus ended the adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home