My summer internship in Hawaii, diving, filming, editing and relaxing in tropical paradise! [All pictures in here are taken by me, unless otherwise specified]

Friday, July 07, 2006

Day 9 - July 5th


Today was a slow day, which meant I had the morning off. I relaxed, read my book and hung out with Jake teaching him photoshop. The lack of something to do allowed me to create a "family of geckos" it was entertaining. (note: there was only one gecko in this picture to start, can you figure out which one?)

That evening I got to go on the nightly Manta dive again. On top of that I got to (finally) use my new wetsuit that I had gotten on Saturday!! It fit wonderfully and kept me oh so warm and comfortable! (its a Pinnacle, 5mm full suit) :o)

These night dives are pretty amazing. Martina was acting in dual roles as both dive master and videographer, so it's pretty stressful for her and since there was extra room it is helpful that we can go to act as safety divers. I got to help out even more because I helped to lead us all to the dive site from the boat. Also we ran into a slight problem at the dive site and Martina and one of the divers had to surface so I helped by watching the other diver and holding the camera while she was helping him. It was pretty cool.

Unfortunately it was a slower night for the Manta, we only saw one, but had a cool time exploring the reef on our way back to the boat where I got a good picture of an undulated eel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home